Jesus is nearly silent as he hangs on the cross, except for a few words. But these 7 Last Words provide a window into his soul, a way to understand what is important to this One who is dying on our behalf.
- “Father, forgive them, they know not what they do.” (Luke 23:34)
- “This day you will be with me in Paradise.” (Luke 23:43)
- “Woman, behold your son.” (John 19:26-27)
- “My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34)
- “I thirst.” (John 19:28)
- “It is finished.” (John 19:30)
- “Into your hands I commit my spirit.” (Luke 23:46)
Bill Albright begins a new small group study April 12 in the conference room.